Breathing tests are used to measure an individuals lung capacity and are an important part of the evaluation of someone with a respiratory or sleep complaint. These tests are often done immediately prior to your consultation.
Queensland Respiratory Services offer the complete range of Lung Function testing.
See below for preparations requirements:
What to bring to your appointment
• Your GP or specialist referral
• A current medication list and any allergies that you may have
• Your Medicare Card
• Your Veterans Affairs Card if you have one
Lung function preparation instructions
All patients are asked to refrain from the following before their test:
• Smoking (1 hour)
• Performing vigorous exercise (1 hour)
• Consuming alcohol or caffeinated drinks (4 hours)